For more than thirty years, Rio Grande ATP has been helping people start over. If you-- or someone you love-- is suffering from problem alcohol or drug use, start here. We can help with:
- Assessment--figuring out exactly what kind of help will do the most good
- Outpatient treatment programs--affordable and convenient
- Recovery support services--help to maintain and sustain sobriety
- Family support services--information and help for families
- Specialized counseling--when substance abuse isn't the only problem
Do I Need Help?Could you (or someone you care about) benefit from getting an assessment at Rio Grande ATP? (If you're thinking about someone else, try to imagine how they would answer.)
- Have you ever felt irritated by other people's criticism of your drinking or drug use?
- Have you ever been ashamed of, or felt guilty about, your drinking or drug use?
- Is it difficult for you to go an entire week without once using alcohol or drugs?
- Has your drinking or drug use led to conflicts with important people in your life?
- Have you been ever arrested for an offense in which alcohol or drug use played a part?
- Have you ever been in a situation where you could have been arrested for an alcohol or drug-related offense, but avoided it by effort or plain luck?
Building Recovery-Friendly CommunitiesFor more than three decades, Rio Grande ATP has been helping communities and behavioral health professionals in north central New Mexico with training, information, and support. Substance abuse doesn't just affect the person who needs treatment--it devastates families and damages communities. Rio Grande is committed to building recovery-friendly communities in "el Norte" with education and support programs for families, training for behavioral health professionals, and information and resources for community leaders to address the problems of substance abuse.